In this particular post you will be able to download ctet 2018 syllabus for paper 1 and paper 2 subject wise in pdf format. You can also check CTET Exam Pattern 2018 in the end.
The CTET 2018 update was announced by CBSE on 12th June 2018. As you might be aware of, CBSE conducts this exam every year to recruit teachers across various schools in India.
The tentative date of the examination is 16th September 2018 as published in the official website www.ctet.nic.in.
You have got only 2 months time with you, so it is recommended to channelize your concentration in the right direction starting today. Make sure to apply for the CTET 2018 soon to direct your career on the right path.
Link :- CTET Online Form 2018
Get CTET 2018 Syllabus for Paper 1 and Paper 2
To initiate your preparation, you should be aware of the CTET Syllabus 2018 first. You can download the CTET Syllabus 2018 pdf from the CBSE official website.
Check :- CTET Sept Exam 2018 Schedule
Now, let us first check out the CTET Syllabus subject wise
The structure and content of Paper-1 and Paper-2 differ a bit but the overall concept is alike.
- Child Development and Pedagog
The following topics are included in the CTET Syllabus:
- Principles and development of Children.
- The concept of Learning and development.
- Socialization processes: Social world and children.
- Language and thought
- The distinction between learners of different caste, gender, community, and religion.
Learning and Pedagogy
- Basic concepts of teaching and learning
- Learning and motivation
- Emotion and cognition
- Language 1 and 2
- 2 passages one poem and drama
- Questions related to verbal ability, comprehension, and inference.
Pedagogy of Language Development
- Language skills.
- Basic principles of language skills.
- Remedial teaching
- Evaluating language comprehension
The CTET 2018 Syllabus mathematics syllabus consists of 5 major topics-geometry, Numbers system, algebra, mensuration and data handling. The following subtopics of the Number system is included in the syllabus
- Knowing and playing with numbers
- Whole numbers
- Negative numbers and integers
- Addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Basic geometry ideas
- Understanding of 2D and 3D figures.
- Construction of figures using scale, protractor, compass etc.
- Basic introduction to algebra
- Ratio, proportion, and variation
- Basic measurement ideas
- Ways to measure weight, time and volume.
- Environmental Studies
- Relationships, play and work
- Sources and constituents of food
- Cleaning food
The history syllabus is quite vast, so it is better to start preparing well beforehand.
- The earliest societies as well as the first cities, states, farmers, and herders.
- The first empire and its political development as well as rise in culture and science.
- Information about Delhi Sultans and their architecture.
- Planet and environment
- Natural resources
- Air and water
- Social and political life
- Government and democracy
- The constitution and judiciary system
- Parliamentary government.
Download CTET 2018 Syllabus PDF
If you are from a Hindi medium background then don’t worry, CTET Syllabus for Hindi medium is also available. You can get the CTET syllabus in Hindi, again, from the official website of CTET itself.
Check Out CTET Exam Syllabus in Hindi
If you are looking for CTET Syllabus in Hindi Language because you don’t understand English then it’s fine, we are to help you. Just before this paragraph you will see a download link, you just have to click on that to download CTET syllabus PDF in Hindi.
But do make sure to get a clear idea of the syllabus, and start planning and preparing as early as possible to fetch impressive scores this year.